Dienstag, 18. Juni 2013
I finally found the time to shoot a few more scenes and edit it all. So here is a quick Video of the remote in action. I got a few last bugs ironed out. It should be really safe now. I wont know though till the first test run:-D.
Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013
So I was going to start edditing a short video of the working remote but I came across this. It's a video I made during my first longboard build. I never really wanted to upload it but I somehow had enough footage for a 3 minute video:-). So here you go!
So I haven’t really posted anything about the Eboard in a few weeks. Mostly because I was really busy and because I thought nothing really mentionable happened. However I actually made quite a bit of progress. As you might have seen in one of the previous posts I got a wireless Nunchuck to control the motor. The first implementation was quiet easy. However to get it to work safely there was QUIET a bit of work.
First I gutted the receiver and looked for the I²C bus. In the middle pic you can see the connectors: VCC SCL DET SDA and GND. I am using all pins except the DET pin. It is supposed to be for device detection or something like that. However it seems to work without it. I might look into that later on. That pin might hold the key to some of the issues I've been having.
- Controller initiation now works properly, before you would have to turn on the controller and press the connection button really quickly after you turn on the Arduino.
- Controller connection status is detected. If its turned of a breaking sequence will initiate.
- Integrated Dead Man's Switch with the accelerometers. If the controller should get dropped and fall on the analog stick it could still accelerate. So with the help of the accelerometers I integrated a function that will detect whether the controller got dropped.
- Enhanced feedback though USB for debugging.
I also made some modifications to the hub mount on the engine shaft. Basically now everything is a bit more compact so it will need less space later on the board.
I also made a first prototype of a mounting block for the engine. It is well... in the trash now. I liked the design so much in CAD but it didnt work like I wanted it to and it looked rather shitty. Sooo back to the drawing board.
So here is what I came up with after the first try was such a failure. The design should pretty much fit on any truck. This would make it possible to have this as a kit for any longboard out there. Or at least a lot of them.