Sonntag, 9. Juni 2013

Sunday Afternoon Project: GoPro Time Laps Rig



Well hello everyone. I know I didn't post anything in about two weeks but I was just super busy. However I knew I had a little time this Sunday evening so I already prepared everything for a little side project. I always liked those panning time laps sequences in various movies. Last week I looked through Kickstarter and found this. It basically turns your camera in a certain angle in a certain time frame. I wanted to buy one of those a few month back but it was too pricy and still is. So I decided to build my own.




I went on Amazon and got all I need for around 10€. I bought a kitchen timer. Not one of those digital kinds one that is old school and turns. That is the feature I need for my camera to turn. I also got a 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch camera mount adapter. Adding this to the clock will allow me to mount everything on a standard tripod.




 I also had a used GoPro mount base plate laying around that I glued to the top of the clock. The round black part on the bottom is a magnet that already came with the clock. This is a pretty neat feature since it allows me to take time laps videos even without a tripod.



So in the end I can now automatically turn my GoPro automatically. It will turn 360° in 60 minutes. 

I did a quick test run today but you can't really see the time laps. I will try an do another one tomorrow:-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen